How to fund your studies at Abbey Road Institute
Summer’s here and we’re very much gearing up for our Advanced Diploma starting next month. In the meantime, we have some useful funding information to share with you!
We’re sharing with you a funding opportunity which is open to applicants wishing to study with us in March 2019. Abbey Road Institute is a Professional and Career Development Loans (PCDL) registered Learning Provider. The PCDL is a loan from a high street bank, through which you may be able to borrow between £300 – £10,000 towards the cost of your study.
6 Key things you need to know
1. To apply for the loan you must have already applied for our Advanced Diploma in Music Production and Sound Engineering, had a successful interview and been offered a place
2. The loan is similar to a personal loan and the usual credit and affordability checks will be carried out
3. The government pays the interest on the loan for the duration of your study, and you start to accrue interest once you complete your course
4. The loan covers most of the cost of the course fees, but you will also need to budget and plan for the remaining amount and your living costs for whilst you study
5. To be eligible to apply for the loan you need to meet the following criteria:
6. You must apply for the loan before the government deadline of the 25 January 2019.
- be 18 or over
- be a British citizen
- have been living in the UK for at least 3 years before your course starts
- plan to work in the UK, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) after the course
- not have any County Court Judgements (CCJs)
Apply now for March 2019
If you haven’t already started your application for our Advanced Diploma in Music Production and Sound Engineering there is still time.